VPN Set Up Guide for Windows 7
Link to VPN Dialler available in your Welcome Email.
- Open the Control Panel on Windows 7 by clicking on Start and then 'Control Panel'
- Click on “Network and Internet”.
- Click on “Network and Sharing Center”
- Click on 'Set up a new connection or Network'.
- On the next screen (Choose the Connection Type) Click on “Connect to a workplace” then click “Next.”
- If asked to use an existing connection select 'No, create a new connection'.
- Click 'Use my Internet connection (VPN)' and enter the account/server information.
- In the text box labeled 'Internet address' type the IP address provided in the welcome email. This is the Internet IP address of the servers.
In the text box labeled 'Destination name' give it a name such as Banana VPN.
Make sure that the checkbox labeled "Don't connect now; just set it up so I can connect later" is checked.
Then click the "Next" button.
- The Connection is ready to use, click close.
- Go to the connection to check all the settings. Click on the active connection in the task bar.
- Click on the connection and click connect, On the login screen click on properties.
- Click the Options tab - uncheck 'Include Windows logon domain' if checked.
- Now click on the 'Security' tab. Choose the 'L2TP/IPsec' from the drop down menu
- Click on the “Advanced Settings" button shown in the image below. You will be asked to enter a Pre-shared Key. It is found in the welcome email.
- For Authentication, choose "Allow These Protocols" and select CHAP and MS-Chap2
- Now click on the Networking tab. Uncheck 'Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)' and press ok
- Your Windows 7 VPN is ready. To connect, simply click on the connection in the task bar and select the VPN connection. Click connect.